Friday, November 16, 2012

LESSology #20 Nov. 2012 "Barely There"

LESSology #20 Nov. 2012  "Barely There"     "WINNER"     completed Nov. 16, 2012  



 http://lessology.blogspot.sg/

Some of the supplies used. 



Here is the "clear" cassette tape holder I used.  Just open it up and fold it back as far as it will go.


I found a Christmas card and fussy cut trees for the front. Add Recollections ribbon around the edge.  Glued a button snowman next to the trees.  Then the smaller tree on the right I popped it outward for dimension with pop dots. The edge of the case was painted with gold Sharpie paint. 




I completed the front with The Studio Paper, a holly button, Rhinestone Stars and the words Peace At Christmas cut from the Christmas Card. 




The completed case is now shown holding a business card.  Or it can also hold pictures, post cards, or recipes..



                                                   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *


At this point I could have called it finished.. But I kept looking at the back and thought it just needed a little something more.. So, I turned it around and created a second scene. 





So here you will see I have turned the cassette case around and started another scene.  I cut a piece of vellum from a bag and added stickles to make it look like a pond that had the markings of ice skaters.  Then you will see styrofoam for the mound of snow and glass bead trees.  I used a stick pin to hold them in the styrofoam, then placed glass globs around to add the cold weather feel of ice and snow. 




The back side of the cassette case is now completed.  I used The Paper Studio and Bo Bunny paper.  A Christmas Craft  stamp by Hobby Lobby was used to stamp the message.  Now it is ready for some ice skaters to have some fun.   

Hope you enjoy my creation, and please leave a comment.  Many Thanks. 
 


15 comments:

  1. OH my goodness CJ This is AMAZing! I love it. What a great up cycle project. It is so pretty.
    Oh I am so glad you got your blog up and running so you could join our challenge at LESSology.
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting.. you are my first to join and message me.. Thank you so much. I'm pretty happy with my LESSology project... the silly thing drove me crazy in my head until I was able to complete it.. Hugs.. cj

      Delete
  2. Oh wow. What an incredible transformation! I love that there are 2 separate "scenes". Such a clever idea!

    Thank you so much for joining us at LESSology!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank You!... I just LOVE..repurposing / recreating..and love the challenge. Hugs.. cj

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a fantastic idea!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea. I will have to hunt down some old cassette holders. Love the two different sides to it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! Cassette tapes-such a fantastic idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy stars!!. Brilliant idea for tape cassettes!. Love how dimensional and serene both your projects are :). Thanks for playing along with us @ LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and fabulous altered project, thanks for sharing it with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous up-cycling !You have created wonderful Christmas scene .loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an awesome transformation!!! Love it!!! Thanks so much for playing along with US over @LESSology!!!.... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just BRILLIANT!! I loveeeeeeeeee it!! Thanks so much for playing along with LESSology!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone.. and I'm so please to be a winner.. Hugs.. cj

    ReplyDelete